Feb 22, 2012

Photo an hour: Feb 21st

Photo an hour posts - I've done one before, and they are quite a challenge, but so fun! 
It actually ended up motivating me a lot, because I didn't want to post pictures of school all day, so I ended up working really hard and finishing school early! And also I ended up doing a lot of fun things. I would catch myself doing something boring and think, "I have to find something cool to do for a picture!" so I did!
So yeah. I think I like these. :)

10:00 a.m.
Coffeeeeee. Very important, that.



11:00 a.m.
School pwnage. Here we have math, biology, history and Bible memory.



12:00 p.m.
10 minute school break to photograph the fresh snow! Then back inside for lunch and Dutch.


1:00 p.m.
Business school credit/work: photographing and listing a new item in my brother's etsy shop. 
It's a ring made out of lilac wood! Check out those awesome purple markings, yo.


2:00 p.m.
Sewing the ribbons and elastic onto my new Pointe shoes! 


3:00 p.m. 
Elssa sitting behind me on the desk chair as I finish sewing the second shoe. (See the finished one on the stool behind?)


4:00 p.m.
I realize I'm being boring. *Gasp!* Nothing fun to photograph?! 
Heh.


So I hurry quick and grab some watercolors to work on a Dear Person letter I've been meaning to do. Ahhh. A much better 4:00 photo, don't you think?



5:00 p.m.
Finishing touches on the painting.



6:00 p.m.

Put the dog out, watch her bound through the new snow. What a happy girl. :)


7:00 p.m.
Start making supper (nachos!!). We usually eat a bit earlier, but Dad came home late.


8:00 p.m.
Fresh chocolate chip cookies. Warm and gooey. Mmm.

Am I making you salivate yet??
...
Good.
Just don't get any drool on your keyboard. 
Cuz that would be gross.


9:00 p.m.
We broke out the slide projector and looked at some old slides! I have never seen some of them before. 

The whir and click of the projector, Dad telling stories, me clicking pictures. *Happy sigh*


10:00 p.m.
Watching a live broadcast of the photographers convention that my sister is attending! So. Awesome.


So there you have it! A few snippets of my day.
How was yours?


P.S.
Finished Pointe shoes! 
(Of course, I did make one little mistake, so I might fix that later. Might.)



And the finished Dear Person watercolor, because I know you're all dying to see it. :)




click for larger view


I saw her last week on the way to swing dancing. 
She was more than adorable.
:)

7 comments:

  1. this is such a cool idea. love the pictures... and also, your dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like YOUR style. I have said it before, but I am really a huge fan of your "Dear Person" series.

    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing angry birds shirts at K-Mart. I'm so tempted to buy one and scowl at people I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely! A few snippets of your day! The painting is AWESOME by the way, don't we all love Angry birds ;-) How's your Dutch going? Lukt het al wat beter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple things: Love the post, Can't believe you had cookies and didn't invite me over ;), and I was totally with you when you saw the Angry-bird-hat-girl!! :O) Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these photo an hour challenges, I may need to try one soon! Your little girl painting is awesome and I agree, she has great style. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh waw, thanks for your compliments! But my English is reaaaally not that good, whenever I write a blogpost it's really timeconsuming looking everything up in the dictionary or online.. But now at least my English speaking bloggers can follow 'all my crazy adventures' as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!